Wetherby Blue Plaques - Gashouse Lane
Union hotel 1834-1848 then private house. Yorkshire Hussar 1857-?1877 then Hugh Hall and son, ironmongers 1877-1967. Contents of shop displayed in castle Museum York. Contrary to local tradition there were no barracks at Micklethwaite. As the Yorkshire Hussars were a volunteer force who operated from home they did not require barracks.
Note the short section of cobbled street. There is another small area of cobbles, diagonally opposite Gashouse Lane, at the entrance to the Red Lion yard.