Wetherby Blue Plaques - Wetherby Town Hall

Wetherby_Blue_Plaque-Wetherby_Town_Hall.jpg

Information

Wetherby now had an Assembly Room on the first floor which could host grand occasions, such as the Harewood Hunt Ball of 1847 for 300 guests. It would appear that financial help may have come from the banker and philanthropist William Brown of Liverpool who had bought Micklethwaite Grange in 1840. His son and heir, Alexander, laid the foundation stone.

Wetherby-Wetherby_Town_Hall_1.jpg

Wetherby-Wetherby_Town_Hall_2.jpg

Location

 
This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Wetherby Civic Society? Send feedback