A view of St. Teresa’s Convent which adjoined St. Philomena’s Convent School. The school provided education from kindergarten stage upwards from about 1930, until in 1969 a new school was built on the site in Barleyfield Road – St. Joseph’s Roman Catholic Primary School. Children transferred from St. Philomena’s Convent School to Mount St. Mary’s in Leeds.
May 1967 – Two sisters of the Holy Family of Wetherby stand in front of the entrance of the convent adjoining St. Joseph’s Catholic Primary School. They eventually moved from here to number 47 North Street. The sisters of the Holy Family originated from Mount St. Mary’s.
This shows the Convent and garden at number 47 North Street on the corner with York Place. A nun stands on the lawn and behind her is Fairview House.