12. Crossley Street School

Photo of Crossley Street School blue plaque - text below

Opened in 1916 as the first non-denominational General School in the Town and in continuous use as a school ever since, Built to educate all ages of pupil it became a Primary School in 1966 when the Wetherby High School was built to educate the over 11 year olds.

View of the school

One of the pupils of note int the early 1920’s before attending King James Grammar School at Knaresborough, was James Harry ‘Ginger’ Lacey the WW” ‘Ace’ Spitfire pilot

Map showing the locations of the blue plaques

Click on any of the plaques below to see more detail.