On this site once stood the second Devonshire Arms, the first Devonshire Arms having become The Brunswick.
This kept alive the name of the Devonshire family although the links had been broken through the 1824 sale.
The present building was the Conservative Club completed in time for Sir Robert Gunter M.P. of nearby Grange Park, to celebrate his victory in the 1892 election. He addressed the crowd from the balcony.
Click on any of the plaques below to see more detail.