A Georgian building this was the main doctors surgery from before 1890 until 1971. Across the road was the Wharfedale Brewery, later Oxley’s Mineral Water Factory. This was demolished in 1959 and the first central Bus Station built.
This substantial building was erected after 1824 on building plot lot 69 which was bought by Qunitin Rhodes, the brewer, for £410. Originally the house had decorative Georgian railings in front but these were victims of the World War II need for metal.